First Great Gifts
My "first great gift" (s) would be:
1.) My Agency
2.) A Plan of Salvation
4.) A Savior, Jesus Christ
5.) Creation of a Nation which Acknowledges Freedoms & God Given Rights
6.) Restoration of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints through Joseph Smith
. . . and then with that reflection I could list this quote next as 8.) Good Examples.
Random Great Gifts
One random great gift given to me is the gift of marriage to my great husband. He's my best friend and what makes our union one of my best random gifts ever is that it is a daily gift we give to each other, working together, sharing, serving, and building our relationship. It's a gift that I happily re-gift back to him.
My birthday is near the holiday Mother's Day so over the years since I've had children I often have the opportunity to pull our funds for some cool and meaningful gifts. Also, something my husband and I have done is to save up funds for a big project to purchase the materials for our anniversary gift to each other which also includes labor of building it. When we do this it is always a great gift because I know my husband loved me enough to work with me or on his own to build and create something manually with heavy labor. I'll share a list of some of these gifts in hopes to inspire one of my readers.
You may copy some of our great gifts if you think that they'll be received as great gifts too. Be warned, I do have a very practical sense about things and a few people might be offended to get some of these not-so-romantic gifts as some of these.
Here are some of my other random great gifts:
- 100 pink tulips (Sadly, they have all died due to many various reasons including: two dogs, children with grass killer, growing trees and our family curse of a non green thumb.)
- extra long raised garden bed (The remains of this too is almost all gone since our trees grew and shaded it so we had to find and create a new gardening spot in our yard.)
- a large food dehydrator
- timely kitchen appliances after the predecessor gave up it's ghost due to overuse or misuse within the family
- a white dress to wear inside the temple (I reluctantly made my husband sad about this because my young skinny proud self didn't like the style. At that time I felt that I looked like I was wearing a large tent when I put it on me. I still can't stand that style even though I've grown now that I could wear it. No one should have to or ever wear that tent style. It is not becoming to anyone! It should be taken off the market and the patterns burned within the memory of all people to never be created again. Can you sense that I have some strong opinions about this? Well, we arranged for his mom to help sew a replacement white dress with a classical style that fit me.)
- multiple picture frames and pictures to decorate the house
- an all american galvanized swing set with room for 4 swings, 1 toddler safety bucket swing, 1 set of hand rings or bar, 1 slide, 1 wooden deck with canopy, and 1 monkey bar ladders connecting it all together ! ! ! (The instructions said something like, needs at least 3 men to build. My husband isn't big on complying or reading all of the instructions. He read these well with the exception that e did it with just the two of us and he misunderstood a step or two. We only had one scary moment, or shall I say I was scared only once, when my husband had to undue a step so I had to hold and keep standing the ten foot gigantic structure all by myself as he fixed it. It's still standing and going strong. I told my husband after our first swing set died that I'd like to get a real swing set that all of my children can use at the same time and not have to take turns swinging like they do when we visit the park.I asked for it and he willing gave it.)
- other perennial plants
- Christmas set of Caroling Figurines (This was one of a very few spontaneous purchases we ever bought. While we were shopping some time before December we saw it and I fell in love. We HAD to buy it! I still have it and decorate my whole upstairs rooms with them for every Christmas. It's one of my personal possessions that I can't help but to love and cherish.)
- lunch or dinner with my husband and a trip to a L.D.S. temple
- collectible porcelain baby doll advent calendar (This gift took all of my birthday & mother's day funds plus some more to just get the calendar and first doll. Then within the year I was able to purchase the remaining 11 dolls. Each baby doll is in dress up clothes for the different months and holidays and the calendar has movable white tiles to adjust the different months. It also has holiday tiles too. All of them are proudly on display for my pleasure.)
I believe that everyone has been given at least one great spiritual gift. I like helping people so I can't help but to want to help everyone see and feel that they too are special and do have talents and spiritual gifts. This spiritual gift & talents worksheet was made as a private worksheet that someone can fill out and store to give them a boost on a hoe-hum rainy day. I hope you enjoy using it too.
Please print and share this to boost yourself and others.